Saturday, March 24, 2012

My First Chase Vehicle

Something Strange


I was not sure that I was going to make it today when the Dear Husband showed me the run requirements.  The run doubled the run time we did last week, which was a major grind.  Then something strange happened: I didn't have any problems running it.

Switcheroo


The Boy is gone on camp out.  The girls slept over at friends' houses but the Littlest came home early.  Full of vim, she decided to bike along with our run. Five minutes down the road we noticed her tire was flattish and her seat off kilter.  I could not convince her to ditch the bike and run along with us.  "We'll get it on the way back!" I pleaded.  No dice.  My pleading lasted all the way through the first run period.  Still the littlest kept trucking along.  I looked up and the Dear Husband was walking.  Holey Moley!  I wasn't even breathing hard.

The kiddo just kept peddling.

Could I do this the whole run?  Was I just to self centered to be a successful runner?  If I focused on the kid could I run 5K right now!!

I mentioned the ease of the run to the Dear Husband.  "Well," says he, bursting my bubble, "we're going real slow." Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment